[OSM-talk] donated boxes

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Sun Apr 2 13:23:52 BST 2006

Nick Hill <nick at nickhill.co.uk> wrote:
> And if anyone has some better hardware, maybe 1+Ghz motherboards and
> CPUs, we can use them. Even if the motherboards have leaky/blowing
> capacitors, we'll fix them and use them. Or broken 1+ GHZ computers,
> we'll find useful parts.

It seems to me that some more memory might be good for these boxes. Memory
for p3s isn't usually all that expensive, would you be interested in
people chipping in for some / buying some of ebay and sending it to you?
(If so, could you just confirm what they take)

Also, pairs of P3 processors aren't too bad on ebay. Do the machines take
slot1 processors, or socket 370s? What FSB speed are the machines?

Nick