[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] [patch] Build and runtime fixes for the applet

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Mon Apr 3 09:01:06 BST 2006

On 4/3/06, Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/2/06, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
> >
> >                 font = loadFont("/data/LucidaSansUnicode-11.vlw");
>
> Does that font look good for anyone on Linux? It looks horrible for
> me, but on Windows it looks great.

It's to do with how Processing handles fonts - if a TrueType version
is available then it uses that to give a proper anti-aliased version.
If not, then it uses bitmaps from inside the .vlw file.

We could probably find a way to use a different font for Windows,
Linux and Mac OS.  I think there's also a TrueType font loader
available for Processing now, but doubtless it's more jar bloat for
the applet.

Tom.