[OSM-talk] OSM web forums?

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 4 13:43:10 BST 2006

Hi,

> If a forum is something you would find useful, I would like to offer
> my services to set it up.

We have

- a website
- a blog (www.opengeodata.org)
- a trac ticket
- two wikis (one unused at trac.*)
- two mailing lists
- an IRC channel (shared a bit with other geo folks)

with overlapping functionalities. Do we really need yet another
communication platform? What do we get that we haven't already? (Except of
more confusion where to address problems)

If we *really* need a forum, I suggest shutting down the mailing lists,
the wiki and trac. Then add a forum for bugs and have some guys with write
access to the static website copying the forum discussion results to the
webpage. This would sound reasonable for me.

Ciao, Imi.