[OSM-talk] OSM web forums?

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 14:28:27 BST 2006

On 4/4/06, Andy Robinson <Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> This forum style output for the OSM lists is quite nice too:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-f1218.html

I agree with others that our existing infrastructure should be enough
to support all our users.  With respect to new users, perhaps what's
needed are just a few changes to the site structure.

Click on the "Help and Wiki" link (why isn't it just called "Help"?)
and imagine you're there for the first time... I have two suggestions:

* The main site needs a direct link to *one clear page* which explains
how to get started.  This can be hidden and replaced with a more
comprehensive menu if you're logged in (use the ad space?).  Which of
the wiki pages is best?
* The wiki front page could do with a bit of reorganising ... I've
gone ahead and tried to do it.  If you seriously disagree with me,
please change it back or try to fix it.

Tom.