[OSM-talk] web site map enhancement, los angeles

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Wed Apr 5 13:47:38 BST 2006

On 4/5/06, Tom Carden <tom at tom-carden.co.uk> wrote:
> Should you upload the tracks?  Sure!  Although the OSM effort for the
> US in kind of rendered moot by TIGER data etc, there are still
> interesting things you can do with GPS data so the more the merrier!

It would be moot if the TIGER data were actually in the OSM database.

How accurate, complete and up-to-date is the TIGER data anyway?  It
seems to me that there is much that OSM can do at a level of detail
that TIGER will never reach.

I know that the TIGER data has been uploaded for Manhattan.  Should it
be loaded for the rest of the US yet, or would it just kill the
servers?

Regardless of  the TIGER data I'd say go ahead, upload your GPS tracks
and get to work on them.  Also have a look at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_California to see
what is already there.

Etienne