[OSM-talk] Summary of the irc meeting.

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Thu Apr 6 13:10:48 BST 2006

Requiring monetary payment to be a member is a really bad idea.
People who *take* (use the data or get a benefit from the data) may be
willing to donate, but people who freely *give* their time and energy
should not also be required to give money.  We need these people.

I for one would rather give my time elsewhere than have to pay for
that privelege.  OK, you could argue that I can give without being a
member but I wouldn't feel good about that.

Etienne