[OSM-talk] web site map enhancement, los angeles

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu Apr 6 18:18:50 BST 2006

Etienne Cherdlu wrote:

> How accurate, complete and up-to-date is the TIGER data anyway?  It
> seems to me that there is much that OSM can do at a level of detail
> that TIGER will never reach.

I've found it to be fairly mediocre.  My ratings for the above parameters:

accurate: 3/5
complete: 4/5
up-to-date: 4/5

I hope that the uploading of TIGER data won't override my own work, and
that it will be possible to update/make corrections to the TIGER data
without having it overwritten the next time the TIGER data is pulled
in... :-/

-Alex Mauer "hawke