[OSM-talk] Confirming ways

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Fri Apr 7 23:58:55 BST 2006

Jim
Yes, some sort of measure of confidence/quality is important.  I
introduced the practice of recording completeness on the wiki for
major roads.  If you look at WikiProject United Kingdom, and some of
the other WikiProjects you'll see that the tables of roads have a
Checked By column to show when they were last checked for accuracy and
completeness.

This was a rough and ready solution at the time, it won't scale very
well for every street on the planet and I did start working on a
better solution, but at the moment its just another of my unfinished
works.

I'd be happy to discuss ideas on how this kind of tracking could be
done in a more practical and scalable way.

Etienne

On 4/7/06, Jim Ley <jim at jibbering.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In some of the areas I am, there's lots of maps I know from the area are
> right, it would be nice if there is some way that I could confirm that yes
> it's a road, and the name is right etc.  This would allow us to give some
> sort of confidence to the map - ways that have been confirmed we know are
> right...
>
> Do people think it's useful?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jim.