[OSM-talk] Confirming ways

immanuel.scholz at gmx.de immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Sat Apr 8 00:16:33 BST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 21:55, Jim Ley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In some of the areas I am, there's lots of maps I know from the area are
> right, it would be nice if there is some way that I could confirm that yes
> it's a road, and the name is right etc.  This would allow us to give some
> sort of confidence to the map - ways that have been confirmed we know are
> right...
>
> Do people think it's useful?

Well, if you think it's useful, just add a key/value to it. How about:

confirmed=1

Then any other can increase the number. Or if you want to be more verbose, do
something like

confirmed=jim at jibbering.com

and wait for others to put their account as comma-seperated list.

If some system is established as usefull, I'll be happy to add a shortcut to
increment/add to JOSM. ;-)

Ciao, Imi.