[OSM-talk] Confirming ways

Frank Mohr f_mohr at yahoo.de
Sat Apr 8 17:08:14 BST 2006

Jim Ley wrote:
> <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:200604080116.34009.immanuel.scholz at gmx.de...
>
>>On Friday 07 April 2006 21:55, Jim Ley wrote:
>>
>>>Do people think it's useful?
>>
>>Well, if you think it's useful, just add a key/value to it. How about:
>>
>>confirmed=1
>

> That might be possible, but it runs into trust problems, so I think the
> second option would be good, so we know who's confirmed it...
>

>>confirmed=jim at jibbering.com
>>
>>and wait for others to put their account as comma-seperated list.

i think that works only if its automated
(sending a confirmed=user to the server,
the server counts the confirmations,
and returns only "confirmed=number")

2 reasons:
- a list of mailing addr. is easy to fake
  (just upload a dataset with some addresses from the ML,
   i think it would take some time until someone notices that)
- privacy of users

frank