[OSM-talk] planet.osm tags

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 22:51:35 BST 2006

On 4/10/06, immanuel.scholz at gmx.de <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > - the java advertisement is > 10% of the file size ;)
>
> It started as a debug hint before release 1.0 to identify all broken stuff in
> case of JOSM trashes the data ;-). I tried to remove it in some version some
> weeks ago and got two complains about people who liked it, so it is back
> there ;-D.

Yes.  Please keep it in, it might be really useful (for exactly the
reason you describe you should also put the JOSM release in that tag
or another one).  The applet should do this too by the way, as should
osmeditor and others - Nick, especially when you're just trying stuff
out!

I'd  recommend we start requiring this server side but that would need
some way of stopping people just lying about it,

Tom.