[OSM-talk] League of capitals

Dan Karran dan at karran.net
Tue Apr 11 00:13:18 BST 2006

On 4/11/06, Thomas Walraet <thomas at walraet.com> wrote:

> +-1 lon, +- 0.5 lat seems huge to me. And the number of node is not the
> best indicator of coverage... Maybe you can try the number of
> intersections (nodes with 2+ segments)

I just plucked those figures of the air because I think that's what I
use to get all of the data for the Isle of Man (ca. 13x35miles or so).
For capitals it's probably not too bad, but as I say, I'll pull it in
to probably 5 or 10 miles radius in my next iteration of the code.
I'll try a few different ways of generating those stats as well. One
of the things I found interesting was that the number of nodes was
pretty much equal to the number of segments. I was expecting twice as
many nodes for some reason, but thinking about it, it does make sense
that they're pretty much level.

> Ok ok... It's just that Paris is not in the top 10 ;)
:)

Dan

--
Dan Karran