[OSM-talk] Prototype OSM renderer showing road types, place names and contours

nick at hogweed.org nick at hogweed.org
Tue Apr 11 09:04:38 BST 2006

Hello everyone,

Mentioned this on the dev list already, but this probably has general
interest: I am starting to develop an alternative OSM map renderer, which
highlights different types of segment (road, path etc) as well as showing
place names and points of interest. It also shows contours derived from NASA
SRTM height data.

This can be found at

http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/index.php

and at the moment covers the whole of the UK.

The places which show up the best at the moment (from where I've looked so
far, anyhow) are Southampton, Weybridge, the area of north London at the
southern end of the M1 and (for countryside data) the New Forest and
Petersfield/Haslemere area.

Note that it's highly imperfect at the moment (in particular, street names are
not shown).

Nick