[OSM-talk] We have an OpenStreetMap at last!

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 18:25:48 BST 2006

On 4/11/06, Etienne Cherdlu <openstreetmap-L at gj0.net> wrote:

> If all the textPath instruction is moved into a separate rule *after*
> the all the road rules then the names will always be on top of the
> roads

As with the suggestions I made to Nick, I think that the black casing
makes it hard to read black text.  Using a darker shade of the road
colour seems to work better for me.

Otherwise, I don't know if it's possible to stroke and fill text in a
nice way, but perhaps white text outlines would fix it instead?

Good work by the way, I added it to the OSM blog at
www.opengeodata.org since I was logged in over there today anyway.

Best,

Tom.