[OSM-talk] Prototype OSM renderer showing road types, place names and contours

Simon Hewison simon at zymurgy.org
Wed Apr 12 11:15:12 BST 2006

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> nick at hogweed.org wrote:
>
>> http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/index.php
>
> Very nice!  But I see jagged lines (no antialiasing) and I see
> broken segments (running across corners of tiles).  These are old
> OSM bugs that you don't really need to replicate.

The jaggies and gaps in roads on the tile boundaries could be solved by
rendering into a larger canvas (a little bigger all around by a few
pixels more than the largest feature) and then cropping to the size you
require.

We can also see that where a major road meets with a minor road, the
white lines of the minor road run over the major road, so you probably
want some sort of rendering order to prevent that.

--
Simon Hewison