[OSM-talk] Statistics on planet.osm.gz

Dan Karran dan at karran.net
Wed Apr 12 21:14:08 BST 2006

On 4/12/06, Joerg Ostertag <openstreetmap at ostertag.name> wrote:
> A little bit more statistics on planet.osm.gz ;-)
>
> Minimum Segment length: 0.000314 Km
0.314m... wow, that's pretty precise!

> Maximum Segment length: 37.665232 Km
>
>    21709 Nodes with  0 Segments connected
>    20725 Nodes with  1 Segments connected
>   432499 Nodes with  2 Segments connected
>    33174 Nodes with  3 Segments connected
>     7027 Nodes with  4 Segments connected
It would be interesting to see how these figures differ in built up
areas (2-4 segment joins especially). I reckon the 2 segment joins
would drop considerable in favour of the 3 or 4.

> Sements with length <=   0.09 Km : 18177
> Sements with length <=   0.10 Km : 135115
I wonder why there is a such a jump here between .09 and .1? I thought
maybe you'd accidentally totalled the numbers before it or something,
but that doesn't work either...

Cheers,
Dan

--