[OSM-talk] Statistics on planet.osm.gz

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Wed Apr 12 21:25:36 BST 2006

Dan Karran a écrit :

>> Sements with length <=   0.09 Km : 18177
>> Sements with length <=   0.10 Km : 135115
> I wonder why there is a such a jump here between .09 and .1? I thought
> maybe you'd accidentally totalled the numbers before it or something,
> but that doesn't work either...

Probably people setting their GPS to drop a point every 100m and using
an editor like JOSM to automatically make an OSM node for each recorded
point.

It's working very well outside towns. I did it successfully between
Paris and Rouen (France) with my Forerunner 201 which (alas) only drop
points in an "intelligent mode" (when the road turn).