[OSM-talk] Statistics on planet.osm.gz

Colin Mackay colin.mackay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 10:29:07 BST 2006

If you do that you are creating two logical entities for one physical
entity. If that is the case it suggests that the data model is incorrect and
needs to be altered. It would be better to be able to create a single way
that can accept multiple sets of attributes.

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm going to bang my drum again.
If the data becomes messy then the overall usefulness is reduced and we are
all wasting time. I understand that it must be easy for people to put data
into the system because without that contribution there is nothing. So I
guess a compromise needs to be reached. Would it be possible to have
applications, such as JOSM, guide the user to the correct attributes to use
in certain situations (I know that's a lot of work) by providing a standard
set in the drop down with a little help text for each item.

Regards,
Colin.

Website: http://www.colinmackay.net
Blog: http://blogs.wdevs.com/ColinAngusMackay