[OSM-talk] Sutton Coldfield SVG

Tom Carden tom at tom-carden.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 13:36:33 BST 2006

On 4/13/06, Andy Robinson <Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> For your enjoyment;
>
> I've uploaded a large SVG file to my webspace and linked to it, with
> instructions, from http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Sutton_Coldfield
>
> It covers the whole of Sutton Coldfield in great detail, including the
> street names and references where the osm database currently includes them.

I am especially liking the fact that you can copy and paste the street
names from SVG - that's very nice!  I'm a little unsure about the wide
blobs around the streets... it kind of works for the grey, dense
residential areas, but for other things it's a bit Jackson Pollock :)
Have you got a key somewhere which says what the different shades
mean?

It's worth noting there are Mac, Linux and Solaris versions of the SVG
plug-in now, though binary-only (it's Adobe) and the Linux one is only
for Redhat by the looks of things.  Still, Firefox 2.0 should support
all this stuff out of the box.

Tom.