[OSM-talk] Classification of ways. (was: Statistics on planet.osm.gz)

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Thu Apr 13 16:12:20 BST 2006

On Thursday 13 Apr 2006 11:40, Tom Carden wrote:
> By contiguous I meant connected - splits and Ts aren't a problem, gaps
> are.  What I want to be able to do (for routing, like Joerg) is infer
> that if two segments are in the same way then I can assume they are
> connected.

Just yesterday I was working on this area (see attachment) of terraced
housing. Rosamond Road creates a schism in the N-S roads. Dudley Street
continues both north and south of Rosamond Road, however to traverse Dudley
Street you have to travel along a small section of Rosamond Road. Which of
course is not part of Dudley Street.

Though I would argue that Dudley Street is still one 'way'.

robert.