[OSM-talk] Classification of ways.

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu Apr 13 17:03:50 BST 2006

Robert Scott wrote:

> to traverse Dudley
> Street you have to travel along a small section of Rosamond Road. Which of
> course is not part of Dudley Street.

I disagree with this.  I would say that portion of Rosamond Road and
that portion of Dudley Street just happen to share a piece of asphalt at
that point.  Just like a regular intersection, only longer.  Also like
my town, where "Highway 10" passes through the city, but is known as
"Main street" and "Clark Street" (and a few other names) for part of its
length.

> Though I would argue that Dudley Street is still one 'way'.

Agreed, and I would extend this to be one way including that segment of
Rosamond Road.

-Alex Mauer "hawke"