[OSM-talk] Classification of ways.

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Thu Apr 13 17:06:15 BST 2006

Tom Carden a écrit :

> Alternatively the whole thing could be defined as Dudley Street, with
> the Rosamond Road segment tagged as an exception to the way.

We can put as a rule that a tag in a segment override the tag in the way.
But there's still a problem for for tag overriding on long distance (ie
on many segment).

IMHO, splitting a road in multiple ways to store name's changes is not a
good solution because we gonna have to split it again for speed limit
changes, and again for wide change, etc.