[OSM-talk] svg output

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 10:38:05 BST 2006

On 4/20/06, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> * @ 19/04/06 05:42:04 PM openstreetmap-L at gj0.net wrote:
> > The Batik rasterizer tool will convert .svg files to .png.
> >
> > I've tried it on the output from Osmarender and it appears to handle
> > textPaths and everything else that is in an Osmarender generated .svg
> > file.
>
> It requires X. Sigh.
>
> Made a quick wms server for osm -> svg -> png. Too slow to talk about.

Nice to know that everyone is thinking of the same. ;-)

Xalan: 2.66 s
Batik: 8.76 s

To render southern parts of Stockholm about, 1300 nodes and 1400 segments.

 $ \time java -cp xalan.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in
osm-map-features.xml -out AA.svg;
$ \time java -jar  ../Distributed-renderer/batik-1.6/batik-rasterizer.jar AA.svg

--
/Erik