[OSM-talk] planet.osm Database import

Raphaël Jacquot sxpert at esitcom.org
Tue Apr 25 09:37:26 BST 2006

Joerg Ostertag wrote:

>>mapservers. I understand performance limitations, but the fact that I
>>was more easily able to take an XML dump, load it into a PostGIS
>>database, and display segments that way myself, than I was to use
>

> If there is a real need for a standard importer to import the planet.osm Data
> into a database I can try to write it.
> I already have some stuff to import the planet.osm Data into the gpsdrive
> geoinfo database.

I already have done it. see here :

here for classes that parse the osm xml document (not yet finished, need
to add ways and areas), plus another class to download from the server API

http://www.navsys.org/cvs/pynavsys/osmserver.py?rev=1.1.1.1&view=auto

here for classes that handle storing the data into and retrieving it
from a postgresql 8.1.x database

http://www.navsys.org/cvs/pynavsys/pgsqlstore.py?rev=1.1.1.1&view=auto

and here's the sql script to create said database :

http://www.navsys.org/cvs/pynavsys/pg-osm.sql?rev=1.3&view=auto