[OSM-talk] New contributor query

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Tue Apr 25 14:10:18 BST 2006

On Tuesday 25 Apr 2006 10:21, Steve Chilton wrote:
> However, should I bang out as much GPS data as possible and upload and
> convert to segments to get raw data complete as soon as possible, or
> should I systematically make ways as I go, code with appropriate tags,
> etc (and edit the existing local data where necessary) to produce
> totally logical data from start?

Creating logical data from the start is difficult, as it's generally not a
good idea to create ways until you've mapped every junction going off them.
Inserting extra nodes/segments in a way and getting them back in the right
order is currently not very fun and not something you want to have to do too
much.

I tend to jot down road names as a tag on the first segment of a road and only
create the way once I'm sure I've mapped all connections.

robert.