[OSM-talk] New contributor query

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed Apr 26 03:30:52 BST 2006

Steve Chilton wrote:

> However, should I bang out as much GPS data as possible and
> upload and convert to segments to get raw data complete as soon
> as possible, or should I systematically make ways as I go, code
> with appropriate tags, etc (and edit the existing local data
> where necessary) to produce totally logical data from start? My
> natural instinct for order is the latter.

Since "ways" were only introduced last month, and support in the
editing applet is still far from perfect, I'm still doing the
first thing.  I have done plenty of raw line segments (for Sweden)
that will need to be improved to ways later, so it's no panic if I
continue this for a little while.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)