[OSM-talk] Apologies

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Tue Apr 25 19:24:44 BST 2006

I'd like to apologize for my earlier emails regarding OSM performance,
and my problems with it. They were out of line, and I shouldn't have
made them.

I also want to apologize for creating a WMS server for the data - I
didn't realize that I was possibly endangering the OSM project, and I'll
make sure that I don't expose such things publicly in the future -- my
goal is not to hurt hte project, I was just hoping to put up something
cool that would let other people build cool things, but that also lets
people put it on top of copyright data and compare.

Is there any way to expose WMS in a way that's not dangerous to the
project? I'd be willing to expose a WMS server on my server for others
to use, if someone tells me the best way to prevent it from being
abused.

--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer