[OSM-talk] Mapping IoW (I'm a new person with possible interest in doing something)

Timothy Fintan Langner timflang at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 25 19:50:31 BST 2006

If you map an area and the GPS coordinates are time stamped, and you also
make a POI and called it footpath, surely that should be enough information
to confirm one went out and gather the information for a footpath.

Of course one cannot take information from a copyright map but they can use
copyright maps to find the information they need to collect. If they can't
find the information on the ground then there is a chance that the
copyrighted map is wrong. I know companies use digital finger printing
(adding of non-existent features) but companies also make mistakes from time
to time.

That was all I was suggesting. Of course one must be very careful when it
comes to collecting information and one must always keep records of sources
used in case of a complaint.

Kind regards

Timothy Langner