[OSM-talk] Mailing list -> forum?

Wed Apr 26 11:34:59 BST 2006

Quoting Immanuel Scholz <immanuel.scholz at gmx.de>:

> Next thing is, that there could be more topic distributions as there are
> now (just 'dev' and 'talk'). [...] I know of at least one guy
> who didn't join the list because of the volume and the inadequate ways to
> filter out threads of interest.

And as something we can do right now, could I plead for everyone to
post technical discussions (e.g. db mechanics) to dev, not talk. I'm a
little worried that newbies who don't know or care much about the
internals of OSM, but just want to get a GPS set and go surveying,
might read the talk list and run away screaming.

Richard