[OSM-talk] Re: [OSM-dev] Mailing list -> forum?

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 12:21:33 BST 2006

> PHPBB or similar?  Forums for newbies and introductions, hardware,
> client software, server software, and miscellaneous?  To be reviewed
> after a couple of months?  And the templates should have clear links
> to the wiki FAQ and Trac for bugs.

I'd support PHPBB or similar.  Forums of this type are commonly used by
large numbers of non technical people - the people we need.  Admittedly I
haven't used an NNTP server, but I really think the simplicity of use of
PHPBB will increase the accesibility and appeal of OSM.

I think that things like gmane help a lot if you're just casually