[OSM-talk] The Century Edition - JOSM 1.3 released

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Apr 28 09:54:37 BST 2006

Hi,

> But, why doesn't it download segments and nodes, and only gps traces?
> Should I configure anything or is it an upcoming feature?

The user interface is a bit messy here: If you have loaded a gps trace and
it is your "active layer" (selected in the layer dialog), then the default
for the download is to load the data as "raw gps data" (trackpoints only).
Otherwise, it defaults to downloading osm data.

You can change what should be loaded in the download dialog (the
unimposing  "Open as raw gps data" checkbox).

> Sorry if it is a stupid question or if it was answered anywhere else.
> I didn't find it.

There aren't stupid questions, only stupid (=unintuitive) implementations
:-D. I'll change the download behaviour sometime to some more intuitive
(as example just downloading both, osm data and tracklogs everytime.. ;)

Ciao, Imi.