[OSM-talk] Prototype OSM renderer showing road types, place names and contours

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Fri Apr 28 11:12:38 BST 2006

This prototype renderer (http://nick.dev.openstreetmap.org/index.php)
has an immediately useful function as a proofing device for the areas
that are covered. I can see in the area that I am about to work in
(Enfield, N London) not only what the coverage is but also what tagging
is done. At normal zoom you can see where road categorisation changes
need to be tidied up, and at zoomed scales you can see how road name
tagging needs to be tidied up by making ways, etc. One question though
(and apologies if I have missed this earlier) is what is the relation
between this data and the full OSM data? Or to put it another way - when
will any changes made by editing in OSM be reflected automatically in
this view? I did see a post asking when it would link to live data (ask
Steve was reply!) and I think one saying there would be a monthly data
dump (but that might have been about something else), so could someone
just update me.
[And apologies for double sending of earlier "newcomer query" message, I
had trouble with my registration for a while and it repeated]

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Learning and Technical Support Unit Manager
School of Health and Social Sciences
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk