[OSM-talk] osmeditor.... most desired features?

Jon Stockill lists at stockill.net
Fri Apr 28 12:30:48 BST 2006

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Would like to get some feedback as to the most desired
> features/improvements in osmeditor. Sadly, osmeditor is an application
> which suffers from me not being able to spend as much time on it as I
> would like, and I would like to prioritise work on it to the most wanted
> things. It's difficult as I try to fit in three or even four OSM-related
> things: the renderer, osmeditor, surveying stuff and Freemap.

Being able to retrieve trackpoints from OSM (in the same way as you can
retrieve nodes and segments) would be veru useful - it's mean I could
use osmeditor for the initial creation of segments, rather than the applet.

I've found that at some times of day the live editing mode can return a
lot of "Already making a request" errors (presumably because API
these updates queued within the client, and processed sequentially -
maybe even add a little bargraph to the status bar so it's possible to
tell how far behind the updates are.

I've been pretty unsuccessful creating ways so far - can you give a
quick rundown on how it's supposed to work?

Other than that, I'm progressing quite well in mapping the area in which
I live - without OSM-Editor I'm sure progress would be much slower.

Thanks for a great app!

--
Jon Stockill
lists at stockill.net