[OSM-talk] The Century Edition - JOSM 1.3 released

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Apr 28 14:22:43 BST 2006

Hi,

>> java -jar josm.jar
>
> Does JOSM run in a pure Free Software environment? (i.e. without
> SUN Java).

JOSM currently are reported to run on JRE's from IBM, SUN and Apple, which
are all based on the same core engine and are all considered "not really
freedom".

The last time I checked classpath it was not able to handle 1.5 Java code.
The best two promising things I found were:

- using ecj as compiler with an unstable CVS-classpath branch with 1.5
support
- compiling with SUN, then use a tool that converts to 1.4 compatible
class files (1.5 class files are backward compatible, the library is NOT!)

I haven't got either to run.

Ciao, Imi