[OSM-talk] osmeditor.... most desired features?

Etienne Cherdlu openstreetmap-L at gj0.net
Fri Apr 28 17:58:39 BST 2006

Robert
I'm not sure what you mean by only one-way and only one end.

A one-way road can be described by a way with oneway=yes on it.  The
direction is determined by the original direction that the segments in
the way were drawn (each segment has a from node and a to node
attribute).  There are not yet any easy ways to switch the direction
of the segment but that will come.

There is a problem if a road is oneway for cars and oneway in the
opposite direction for bicycles.  I don't have an answer for that,
maybe someone else does...

What do you mean by "only one end"?

Etienne

On 4/28/06, Robert Scott <lists at riscott.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> On Friday 28 Apr 2006 16:45, Etienne Cherdlu wrote:
> > I'd argue that there shouldn't be *any* tags on segments any more.
> >
> > A segment can belong to several ways (a bus route, a cycle route, a
> > highway, etc) and each has it's own characteristic.
>
> Etienne,
>
> What do you suggest doing about roads that are only one-way and one end?
>

> robert.

Etienne
(Forgot to reply to the list again)