[OSM-talk] Re: Mailing list -> forum? NO!

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Apr 28 23:35:23 BST 2006

[Joerg Ostertag]
> Short resume:
>   +1  : keeping the mailing-list
>   +1  : care about your "reply headers"
>   +1  : keep the Subjects meaningful and informative
>   -10 : having to read a Forum!!

I agree completely.  I am not going to read a web forum.  I read this
mailing list using gmane and gnus, and am not really bothered with any
of the problems described by Immanuel Scholz.  This make me suspect
that the problem is with his mail client, and not with this mailing
list.  Adding a web forum will split the OSM community in half, one
part using the mailing list and one part using the web forum.  Please
do not do this.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen