[OSM-talk] "Download all incomplete ways" (was: Argh! Just deleted lots from OSM by mistake)

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Tue Aug 1 13:41:20 BST 2006

Hi,

> Imi, it would be useful to have JOSM give the option to just download the
> rest of a way when it gives the message "Warning: this way is incomplete,
> try to download it before adding segments".  I mean, it should download
> just the rest of the nodes and segments that belong to this way.

Usefull.. sure..
I already started implementing an action "download everything that is
incomplete", but it is a bit tricky. I would either have to tweak my
current XML parser a lot (or write an own parser only for this action) or
get some server help (which is almost no problem for the server ;).

So I'll pass the ball along to either Nick or Steve: If I write an ruby
script delivering a way together with all dependencies for the way, will
you upload it into current API? ;-)

Ciao, Imi
PS: Any Alpha of rails in sight? I like to help here too.
PPS: I submitted a patch for history.rb to accept more than one id a
couple of days ago. Will this be uploaded to the server (and when)?