[OSM-talk] Argh! Just deleted lots from OSM by mistake

Etienne 80n80n at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 13:05:49 BST 2006

Perhaps a warning is needed in JOSM when ways get so long; at least until
bug 214 is fixed.  Maybe even then we should be careful of very long ways.
They are not easy to manage because it can be hard to download the whole
extent of the way, and if they are not contiguous it may not even be obvious
where the rest of the way is.

Imi, it would be useful to have JOSM give the option to just download the
rest of a way when it gives the message "Warning: this way is incomplete,
try to download it before adding segments".  I mean, it should download just
the rest of the nodes and segments that belong to this way.

Etienne