[OSM-talk] JOSM feature requests

Emil emil79 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 01:33:06 BST 2006

Just a few ideas,

1. A way to get a URL for OSM to display the section of the world
currently in view in the josm window.  (for easily referring people to
bits of the map you've been working on)

2. Allow retrieving GPS points at the same time as segments - have 2
tick boxes,  one for "fetch segments", the other for "fetch gpx
points". (at the moment there's one tickbox, but it's not really a
yes/no question...)

3. Allow displaying lines between the points in your own loaded .gpx
files, but leaving the gpx points downloaded from the database as just
points. (i.e. this will mean that in places like london you can see
your own journeys, as they'll be in lines, but also see the other gpx
points as points)

4. Bit of a general one this, but it seems to hang on to selections
for longer than I think it should. i.e. i'm always moving, deleting
etc things by mistake, as i forget they're still selected. Perhaps
it's just me...

Hope these make sense. I'm enjoying using JOSM, these aren't
complaints, they're suggestions!

And for the online applet, for gawd's sake allow some way to add nodes
into existing segments - i've lost count of the number of times I've
encounted segments that look connected but aren't!

Emil