[OSM-talk] JOSM feature requests

Collinson Mike mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Aug 3 03:52:09 BST 2006

At 10:33 AM 3/08/2006, Emil wrote:
>2. Allow retrieving GPS points at the same time as segments - have 2
>tick boxes,  one for "fetch segments", the other for "fetch gpx
>points". (at the moment there's one tickbox, but it's not really a
>yes/no question...)

I was going to suggest separating Fetch GPS points from Fetch OSM
data as to make things more intuitively obvious for beginners, I was
confused at first.  But I think this is a better idea.

>3. Allow displaying lines between the points in your own loaded .gpx
>files, but leaving the gpx points downloaded from the database as just
>points. (i.e. this will mean that in places like london you can see
>your own journeys, as they'll be in lines, but also see the other gpx
>points as points)

And/Or make points in your own loaded .gpx files a different (bolder)
colour/shade ?  I'd love to see my own recent points clearly so that
I can compare them with written mapping notes but also have other
data available.

>4. Bit of a general one this, but it seems to hang on to selections
>for longer than I think it should. i.e. i'm always moving, deleting
>etc things by mistake, as i forget they're still selected. Perhaps
>it's just me...

Perhaps have the ability to just click in any empty spot to unselect
at any time?  I do the same as Emil and have to go back to the select
button, click that, make sure it is on area-select and then click in
a blank area.

>Hope these make sense. I'm enjoying using JOSM, these aren't
>complaints, they're suggestions!

Likewise!

Mike