[OSM-talk] JOSM feature requests

Immanuel Scholz immanuel.scholz at gmx.de
Fri Aug 4 09:59:37 BST 2006

Hi,

> To pic an area you can use the
>     --limit-area
> function of osm-filter. You simply define a waypoint,  with a type
> filter.allow or filter.deny in the center of the area of (non)interest in
> gpsdrive. You then define an proximity(in meters) around these areas. The
> ~/.gpsdrive/way.txt file then looks like this:
>  de_Dottingen            48.411430    9.492400 filter.allow 0 0 0 20000

Can you change the script that way.txt is a standard OSM-xml file using
some key/values for the distance stuff?

> I think the only feature(s) in josm I'd like to see for filtering would
> be:
>  - snap to track: which would snap to the nearest
>                   trackline when you click for generating a node.

Already there. There is a mode "adding node to segment", which will insert
into the nearest segment (if there is a segment around the clicked point
;)

>  - set waypoint/filter area: which would create a waypoint in
>                   the file way.txt described above

I could implement the output of only selected values (or better implement
the "multiple data layer" feature). Together with your script reading .osm
files instead of way.txt, the user can create the waypoints as any other
object. (And when "custom renderers" are implemented, the blue circle
could come for free too ;)

> I think having two programs do the same stuff reduces the manpower of
> programming skills we have. And we always have a great lack of programmers
> contributing to the project. So i would suggest to keep the efforts
> focused. So my suggestion is to focus on one program to do the task of
> filtering and make more people contribute filters for our then chosen
> main filter.

Yep, I agree..

can osm-filter.pl take stdin as input-xml-stream and output to stdout? In
this case, I could add a call to this more easily from within JOSM..

Ciao, Imi