[OSM-talk] Organisation of Wiki pages

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 07:37:57 BST 2006

Lars Aronsson wrote:

> Etienne wrote:
>
>>Should we even be using the wiki as a gallery of places?
>
> No.
>
> It's a waste of effort.  Nobody can keep such pages up-to-date or
> make pages for every place.  The scheme doesn't scale, neither
> with space (every place) nor with time (keep them updated).
> Wikipedia can (and does!) try to document every place on earth,
> and if you provide geo coordinates there, the map link provides a
> way to find the OpenStreetMap.

People might like to link to http://www.viovio.com/travel/ for an
archive of information on places. Structure is quite nice, and it would
not be difficult to get links back to OSM from the map features. It has
been running a couple of years now, and is starting to fill up nicely.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL