[OSM-talk] Increasing map useage

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 22:55:42 BST 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 18:49, David Groom wrote:
> Can we not have a new subdomain, say http://maps.openstreetmap.org  This
> being a very simple page, with an alphabetical index drilled down by
> country> district>town etc.  there to be available a png version of the map
> and the svg file.

I've tried to make my city page a bit more like that:

http://almien.co.uk/OSM/Cities/

If there's a server in the openstreetmap subdomain I can use, then I'll render
all that *.OSM data I've got, to get proper images for UK cities (or grab
some from the wiki) and see how it looks before expanding to non-UK places
too.

It needs a list of places from OSM data too, rather than the geonames data its
using. Should be easy enough to generate...

Regards

OJW

p.s. are there any Free-as-in-free shapefiles showing the outline of each
country/continent?