[OSM-talk] Voting on some proposed features

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Dec 19 13:13:12 GMT 2006

There's quite a few features which have been around in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features for a while, and
which people are already starting to use, vote on, even render, so I've put
a voting period on them (to Jan 5) so we can decide.

Note that shop=butcher|baker|<whatver> is a competing proposal with
amenity=butcher, amenity=baker etc, so if you are going to vote for the
first, it would make sense to vote against the others or vice-versa. (baker
and butcher had already been set for voting, so I thought shop had better
happen at the same time)

The ones I've newly indicated voting on are

  * arts_centre
  * theatre
  * university
  * courthouse
  * civic_centre
  * recycling
  * village_green
  * recreation_ground
  * level_crossing
  * windmill
  * shop=

I was also going to do cashpoint and college, but I realise they don't have
suggested icons, so I'll do that today and then set the same dates on them.

I've also added a new suggestion, landuse=green_space, for the reasons
indicated in the item.

David