[OSM-talk] Applet Update

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Dec 21 12:28:37 GMT 2006

Looks good. In areas without yahoo imagery, I'm wondering whether it would
be better not to display the "no imagery available" message and just show
OSM data as it seems to take time to download the "no imagery available"
image.

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to adapt the JOSM mappaint plugin to show
different way types in different colours, and show POIs as icons? I may
(no guarantees!) find time to do this over Christmas.
Another good thing to have would be to have footpaths and bridleways
within the pre-defined way types.

Actually I can see the Yahoo! imagery would be very useful in countryside
areas too, indeed arguably more useful than in towns, for putting in
things like field boundaries which are just about impossible to survey
otherwise.

Nick