[OSM-talk] Applet Update

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Fri Dec 22 11:26:21 GMT 2006

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Looks good. In areas without yahoo imagery, I'm wondering whether it
> would be better not to display the "no imagery available" message and
> just show OSM data as it seems to take time to download the "no imagery
> available" image.

How would we know if there's coverage there or not though? We're getting
the "no imagery available" tiles back from yahoo. I suppose we could try
to detect them and not show them, but we will still have to fetch each one

> I guess it wouldn't be too hard to adapt the JOSM mappaint plugin to
> show different way types in different colours, and show POIs as icons? I
> may (no guarantees!) find time to do this over Christmas.

Not sure, it might be. I don't know enough about the processing.org
drawing libraries to say either way

> Another good thing to have would be to have footpaths and bridleways
> within the pre-defined way types.

You can only have a single key=value for the entries on the basic page,
that's the only restriction. Anything more complicated has to be done by
hand on the advanced page. Just edit java/lib/data/way.xml, add in the
entries you want, and rebuild the jar

Nick