OSM's future. Was: Re: [Openstreetmap] OSM Performance is terrible

topro at gmx.de topro at gmx.de
Fri Feb 3 10:35:04 GMT 2006

I don't like the idea of servers serving dedicated regions because that
would make it hard for the system to grow in the future. It would work as
a short term soloution, maybe. but i don't think it is a good approach
for the nearby future because if a new server is added it has to take
away some parts to serve from other users. I would prefer to split server
load by session, not by region.

Tobi