[Openstreetmap] no dots

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Feb 7 01:28:11 GMT 2006

Frank Mohr wrote:
> shouldn't the display of landsat background images be turned off
> in scales that enlarge the sat image over it's original size
> (i assume level 13 or 14)

I think the satellite image background should be shown in all
zoom levels of the viewer, but not at all in the edit applet.

By the way, this afternoon when the viewer showed satellite
background images without drawing any roads, I really liked the
response time.  Perhaps roads shouldn't be drawn at all in zoom
levels 1-9, only in levels 10-15?  In these deeper levels, the
database SELECT will only turn up a limited amount of dots and
line segments.  I think this would be an acceptable trade-off
until we have sufficient hardware resources.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)