[OSM-talk] Isle of Wight: 5 Day Warning

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Feb 22 20:05:01 GMT 2006

* @ 22/02/06 07:44:33 PM immanuel.scholz at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > Want to come to the IoW for the workshop? I know many of you do, this is
> > a reminder to get your deposit in.
> >
> > There are 5 days left to get me 50 GBP deposit so we can hire a cottage.
>

> To be honest, currently the price is something that causes concern. With a
> final price of 60 to 100 GP (100 to 140 Euro) for one and a half night (I
> could arrive at friday, 5th night) only for accomodation... Maybe you even
> can't stick to that and providing internet, rented bikes, food etc..
>
> It looks as only a couple of people are willing to come, so it sounds more
> feasible to do the event at someones home (if he owns a house) or dacha...

My email jogged quite a few people, I think we're fine.

The 60-100 is a worst case scenario. I think we'll be fine with 50 GBP
per person in total, but I can't guarentee that. For exmaple, with 50
GBP we'll get a semi-detached house without much hassle, but a detached
cottage would be far more preferable. It also depends on numbers, so
it's more expensive if few people come.

Also, I'm hopeful of some sponsorship.

But really, I think we're cool, lots of people want to come but I have
to jog you all to pay up :-)

have fun,