[OSM-talk] signposted directions

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Tue Feb 28 00:49:32 GMT 2006

Simon Hewison wrote:
> I've come across the idea that describing signposted turnings using the
> wording on the signs could be a good idea when it comes to driving
> directions.

I think they are very useful. I have a car navigator that displays road
signs on the screen, but unfortunately only a small percentage of actual
signs are in the map data. Especially if the navigator could read out
loud the signs to follow via a speech synthesizer, one would rarely need
to take one's eyes off the road to look at the navigator screen.

   Tapio